APE – Analog Preamp Experiment
The APE is a unique design and an accurate re-creation of a
famous vintage tape delay’s analogue section. This is not
just a preamp but rather the entire analogue circuit from
input to output including the sonic influence of the tape
heads. It runs at 22.5v just like the original. For
convenience it uses a DC to DC converter allowing you to
power it with a simple standard 2.1/5.5mm 9v power supply
just like most of the pedals on the market.
‣ MIX – When your favorite digital delay is inserted into the
loop it controls the wet/dry mix level.
‣ REPEATS – When your favorite digital delay is inserted
into the loop it controls the repeats.
‣ REC – When your favorite digital delay is inserted into the
loop it controls the gain on the delayed notes and helps
with the intensity of the delay.
‣ SEND – Connect your favorite digital delay’s input to the
send to start creating your looped delay.
‣ RETURN – Connect your favorite digital delay’s output to
the return to complete your looped delay.
‣ ON/OFF – Engages the APE.
‣ LOOP – Engages whatever may be running through the
Dims – 16”x12”x12”
APE draws 39mA and measures 4.25”x3”.
|Dimensions||7.25 × 5.125 × 2.55 in|
0 Replacement Speed Switch, 1 Speed Switch $9.99, 2 Speed Switch $19.98, 3 Speed Switch $29.97, 4 Speed Switch $39.96, 5 Speed Switch $49.95, 6 Speed Switch 59.94, 7 Speed Switch $69.93, 8 Speed Switch $79.92, 9 Speed Switch $89.91, 10 Speed Switch $99.90